MMVV, A COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
In recent years, the Mercat de Música Viva de Vic has worked to improve various aspects related to environmental, economic, and social sustainability. The organization has committed to identifying and incorporating the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into the overall project, with the intention of promoting sustainability initiatives across the board. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) consist of 17 global objectives approved by the United Nations in 2015, driving an ambitious 2030 Agenda with 169 challenges that appeal to governments, the private sector, civil society, and individuals. We are aware that there are many challenges ahead, but we recognize that the sustainable path is the only way forward.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
Ensure a healthy life and promote well-being for all ages.
- Concert spaces and the professional area are equipped with defibrillators.
- Working to establish partnerships with the International Foundation Health & Music to address health and well-being.
Ensure inclusive, quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Hire interns for tasks before and during the event.
- Staff undergo training and refresher courses.
- Conduct sessions and talks during MMVV to disseminate knowledge.
- Collaborate with educational institutions such as UVic-UCC, ESMUC, Taller de Músics, Liceu, or UB.
Achieve gender equality and empower women and girls.
- Establish a purple point during concerts to prevent harassment and raise awareness.
- Consider gender parity in programming and teams.
- Do not schedule groups with discriminatory content in their lyrics.
- Use inclusive language in communications.
- Organize specific presentations or working meetings on women.
- Actively participate in the Women in the Music Industry association.
- Be part of the Creative Europe program, aiming to promote gender minority presence in the music industry.
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure the availability of water, sustainable management, and sanitation for all.
- Provide water points in MMVV spaces through an agreement with the city's water company.
- Do not serve single-use bottled water to artists and technicians.
CLEAN AND AFFORDABLE ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, safe, sustainable, and modern energy.
- The public energy network uses green energy.
- L'Atlàntida venue uses green energy in all its rooms and stages.
- Promote the use of electric batteries on small stages.
DECENT WORK AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth and decent work for all.
- MMVV's mission is to promote and support the music industry and related professions.
- Designated as a strategic market by the Department of Culture of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Hire artists with the necessary documentation and appropriate working conditions.
- Collaborate with local suppliers and promote hiring young talent through the job market office.
- Co-organize the professional program with sector entities to promote a global discourse and perspective.
- Promote new growing sectors, innovation, and digitalization.
- Encourage direct and quality staff hiring.
- Establish alliances with a dozen autonomous communities and European and non-European countries.
- Members of ADIMI, Association for the Development of the Ibero-American Music Industry.
- Members of FWMF, World Music Festivals Association.
- Members of the Network of Theatres, Auditoriums, Circuits, and Festivals, the Catalan Academy of Music, among other entities promoting the music sector.
- Members of Upbeat.
- Members of ESNS (Eurosonic Noorderslag).
- Alliances between different autonomous communities and foreign countries.
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION, AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
- WiFi in MMVV spaces.
- Development of the app to disseminate content and information.
- Constantly updated general website.
- Computerized control of attendance limits.
- Reduction of paper. No printed programs; encourage the use of the app.
- Collaborate with Barcelona Music Lab and Barcelona Music Tech Hub.
- Embrace innovation by programming presentations of successful cases with a high appeal (pitchings).
Promote social, economic, and political inclusion for all individuals by building connections and breaking barriers of age, gender, class, abilities, language, origin, or sexual orientation.
- Translate some concerts into sign language.
- Design accessible stages for people with reduced mobility.
- Provide special services for people with reduced mobility.
- Offer discounts for groups such as youth, large families, those over 65, or members of local entities.
SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Make cities safer, more resilient, and sustainable.
- Provide bicycle parking and charging points for electric vehicles.
- Have agreements with public transport to encourage sustainable mobility for professionals, artists, and attendees.
RESPONSIBLE PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION
Ensure sustainable consumption and production models.
- Manage waste with container islands and participate in selective garbage collection.
- Use reusable cups.
- Reuse decoration materials and structures.
- Annually conduct a carbon footprint study to improve the sustainability of future editions.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its effects.
- Use advertising banners without plastic, inks, or polluting products.
- Promote paper reduction.
- Provide charging points for electric vehicles.
PARTNERSHIPS TO ACHIEVE SDGs
Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
- Publish a transparency report.
- Promote awareness of SDGs among professionals, artists, and attendees.
El Mercat de Música Viva de Vic obre convocatòria als artistes per la seva 35a edicióEl 35è MMVV es celebrarà del 13 al 16 de setembre a la ciutat de Vic
The period to present musical proposals for the 34th Vic Live Music Market is openThe term will end on Thursday, March 31
The Mercat de Música Viva de Vic is preparing its 32nd edition with performances and digital content as its professional activity.Due to the crisis generated by COVID-19, the professional activities of the Market will be offered online in a very special way. There will also be face-to-face concerts, which will be adapted to the ...